I am student teaching (I graduate in December, yay!), I have a weekend job and my tiny etsy shops so organization and time management are key for efficiency.
- Get a medium size accordion filing system (kind of like a coupon organizer) and keep all your income and expense receipts in there. This will be especially helpful during tax time!
- Have your supplies/stock and work station in one place so you know what you have and what you are running low on.
- Keep your finished products/stock away from your supplies so you know what is completed. You will also know what you have, what you're selling and what you need more of.
- If you are shipping or have listing fees, etc. keep a spreadsheet of all your costs. For example, I made myself a spreadsheet that automatically calculates cost of my item - fees + shipping paid for - actual shipping cost = net profit.
- Write dates on everything so you can track sales and watch trends!
- Write lists! Lists keep me sane...every time I think of something to do/buy/call etc, I write it on my list and cross it off when I complete it!
- Again, Lists!!!! Keeping a list, not only allows you to be more organized, but saves time because you're not constantly trying to remember what you had to do/buy/call!
- Set aside specific time, keep a planner if you have to, to get specific things done. You may be able to say something general like "Tuesday I will take photos" or something a little more specific like "Tuesday, between 12-2, I will take photos." This will give you a schedule to keep and know that you need to stop doing something and start taking your photos!
- Set goals! Set goals to have XX amount of items made by the end of the week or if you can, do a daily amount. Set goals to have photos, items made and XX products listed daily. Treat yourself when you accomplish a goal!
Do you have any time management or organizational tips to share?